Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Juicer Obsession

We have jumped on the smoothie/juicer bandwagon and recently purchased a smoothie maker. We got the JCP brand that compares to the NutriBullet. So far, it has worked wonderfully! Although my daughter, the eternally picky eater, turns her nose up at my delicious concoctions, everyone else is loving our smoothie treat maker! Dominic will slurp them up, and it is a great way for me to sneak extra veggies and nutrients into his diet. It is also perfect for my husband's busy lifestyle, as doesn't always have time to eat healthy. What I love the most is that it also doubles as a grinder, and I can grind my own coffee beans and make coffee smoothies. I just love the smell of the freshly ground coffee! Below are picks of the coffee grinds, but also our go to smoothie in our home: Banana Berry Spinach!

Banana Berry Spinach Smoothie
1-2 cups frozen berries
2 bananas
1 cup spinach
1 cup kale
2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 cup oj (optional)
a few ice cubes (optional)













                                                           
                                                         So easy to grind fresh coffee beans!




1 comment:

  1. Cool! Blane and I have a Breville juicer/blender combo... its powerful but a pain in the ass to clean. I like that banana berry recipe, I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete