Tuesday, July 7, 2015

How to make crepes

...forgive me for my absence. Trying to sell your home can be quite taxing. I decided to not let it steal my joy any longer!


When I have had the blessed opportunity to travel abroad, I have often ordered pancakes. Please my fellow Americans, understand that our definition of pancakes, as delicious and perfect as they are, is NOT what the rest of the world considers a pancake. At least in the international destinations I have traveled, they are more like a crepe. As Wikipedia will tell you, crepes are a very thin pancake and have their origins in France. I have often enjoyed crepes ,even here in the USA. Little did I know just how easy, although a bit time consuming, it is to make these at home. They are delicious and can be served at breakfast, lunch, or dinner, with almost any type of filler or something on top of them. They are even yummy plain! Here is the recipe taken from one of my bibles, my Betty Crocker cookbook. And please look for my next post which is a recipe for Chicken Crepes!


                                                                How to make a crepe:
                                                About 20 minutes total for baking and prep


Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
1 tablespoon butter


Mix all dry ingredients and then stir in remaining.
Beat until smooth
Lightly butter skillet and heat over medium heat until bubbly


For each crepe, pour scant 1/4 cup batter into skillet and immediately rotate until thin film of batter covers bottom. Cook until light brown.



                                                       Flip and cook other side for a few minutes.
                                                                 

                                       Stack crepes, placing paper towel or wax paper between them
                                       to keep them warm.


Serve as you like!



No comments:

Post a Comment