Saturday, March 21, 2015

Chocolate Espresso Faux Souffles

Taken from one of my favorite books, French Women Don't Get Fat, this recipe combines two of my favorite things: Coffee and Chocolate! This recipe calls for at least 70% dark chocolate (i.e. REAL chocolate). I almost can't touch milk chocolate anymore. The women in my family have been coffee addicts for decades, but it took me years to jump on the band wagon. Now a daily coffee and almond milk latte kinda girl, eating this little treat gives me the daily dose of my two obsessions. Again, the recipes in this book are simple and with only a few ingredients. Hope you enjoy as much as I do...


Separate four eggs into whites and yolks


Whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Use patience, this process takes a few minutes




Prepare coffee as you normally do


                                                       
                      Melt chocolate. I use the microwave, 30 seconds at a time, adding chocolate gradually

                           
                                                           Mix yolks in to melted chocolate


                                                                   
                                                                     Add Espresso


                                                           Put in fridge for at least 4 hours


No comments:

Post a Comment