Monday, March 23, 2015

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Don't know about you, but thought of Brussels sprouts when I was kid induced only one reaction from me for my poor mother: vomit! OK, maybe that is a little too graphic, but it would not be a complete stretch. Fast forward 30 something years later and I was intrigued by a plate while eating out that include those little green monsters. I tried with curiosity and skepticism. To my surprise, I fell in love! That was about a month ago and have been dreaming about cooking those in my very own kitchen ever since that day.

Taken from the Food Network's Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten offers a seriously good (husband approved) Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe!

                                                                              Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds of Brussels sprouts
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 freshly ground black pepper

Pre heat oven to 400 degrees



                                                           Wash and cut the sprouts:


Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, kosher salt, and black pepper:


                           Put them on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake at 400 for 40 min:

                                                                         Enjoy:


No comments:

Post a Comment