Monday, March 9, 2015

Happy Birthday Dominic!

Today my son has turned 2 years old. Where has the time gone? It really does feel like just yesterday when we brought him home from the hospital. And now our big boy is finally starting to talk and adjusting so well in his part time pre school. In honor of his big day, we will be celebrating with his friends at school. Another opportunity to put my baking skills to the test! I decided to be brave and try one of the cutesie cupcake designs I found online. Betty Crocker's website is a GREAT resource for baking ideas! Copy and paste this link in your browser for some really amazing cupcakes! http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/dishes/cupcake-recipes

I decided on a spring frog theme, and I must say they did come out pretty cute, although not perfect. This is one of things I have learned about homemaking. Please DON'T let the fact that your delicious delights might not look as pretty as a website or social media pic or a magazine cover deter you from having fun and trying new ideas. Most of the time, especially when it comes to your family, it's the thought that counts. They are not going to see all of the little imperfections that you agonize over. And as time goes on, a skill will be developed for all of us, myself included. Hope these pics inspire you give it a try!














No comments:

Post a Comment