Monday, January 5, 2015

Speaking of apples...An Apple Slicer

If you have not yet tried an Apple Slicer, these things are awesome! Yes you can by apple slices in the bag, but I find them kind of pricey. Also, the slicer cores the apple, so if you are making apple pie, baked apples, apple cobbler, etc., this makes the baking process so much easier. They are super simple to use! You can find them at various price points at most retailers that sell kitchen products. I found my for $3.99 at Wal-Mart.




2 comments:

  1. The thing about apple slicers is what I think of as the Problem of the Last 2 Millimeters.

    You've pushed the thing down as far as it will go but no matter how decisively you push you are left with the last bit of peel unbroken and holding the whole ungainly thing together where you want separated slices,

    You have to work it lose but those blades are sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam, I agree the apple slicer is not perfect, but it is still easier than slicing yourself and it does core the apple fairly easy, in my opinion. Thank you so much for the input. Hope you find my posts helpful!

    ReplyDelete