Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sunday Shopping - Target Red Card and Cartwheel

Well the week begins as it always does with my weekly grocery shopping. Oh, how I love my 2 favorite grocery stores, Publix and Target. If you are reading my blog and do not live in Florida, you likely do not know the joys of Publix! People always mention the subs, but really they just completely embody their slogan, "Where Shopping is a Pleasure".  If we ever move to another state, I really don't know what I am going to do without my beloved store!

On to my second favorite, Target. The employees aren't quite as nice or helpful as Publix, but oh how I love roaming the Target aisles. The pretty things in all departments call my name and my Red Card.
This is where the plug comes in! I am sure everyone knows, but if you already shop at Target, you really have no excuse not to have a Red Card. It is not a credit card. It is a debit card directly linked to your checking account that you use only at Target. It is just like using your regular debit card, except that you get 5% OFF EVERYTHING you purchase. Regular price items, sale, clearance. Even the restaurant in the SuperTargets. Oh yes, and FREE SHIPPING on their website! There really is no downside to the card!

And of course now Target has Cartwheel. It is an app for your phone with discounts in addition to the 5% you save with your Red Card. Many of the items in cartwheel are their store brand with another 5% savings. Simply choose the items in your cartwheel, find them in the store, and hand your phone to the cashier at checkout. Simple as pie!

http://www.target.com/redcard/main

http://cartwheel.target.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment