Saturday, January 3, 2015

Welcome to the Helpful Homemaker Mom

I thought long and hard about the name of my blog! My first thought was The Reluctant Homemaker, but that is not true. There is nothing reluctant about this blessed and wonderful life I lead. My blog name does reflect what I hope to be--helpful to other moms and homemakers. Still, there is something about my full time job as a homemaker that still feels so foreign to me! And I suspect to some of those reading this as well. How did the modern woman in her 30's (and 20 somethings too) with all of our degrees and high achieving career goals end up here? For me personally, I am fortunate to have the financial option of being on 1 income. And more importantly, I am just plain happy in this role! No apologies for me. Whatever a homemaker's reasons may be for ending up in this predicament, has it been noticed that sometimes we have no idea what the heck we are doing? Today's woman was not taught to sew a button, make homemade frosting, or host a dinner party. And if we were, we were not listening! So here I am, learning as I go from my mom, other moms, and the internet. I hope this blog can do the same for others. Here a reader will find a hodge podge of homemaker and cooking 101 tips, fun things to do with your kids, silly posts about what I like to do in my free (HA HA!) time, and the occasional rant! Hoping to entertain! ---Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment